is Ethinylestradiol/Drospirenone 0.02mg / 3 mg, combined hormonal contraceptives, the most reliable & reversible method of contraception, Drospera has less estrogen dose resulting in less adverse events such as nausea, headache, mood changes & weight gain, Drospera has excellent safety & tolerability profile & highly adaptable by users
• Drospera is highly effective & convenient combined oral contraceptive
• Drospera is film coated tablet Ethinylestradiol/Drospirenone 0.02mg / 3 mg
• Drospera is available in boxes of 1 blister, each with 28 tablets (21 active tablets + 7 placebo tablets)
Contraceptive pills & is used to prevent pregnancy
• A blood clot in a blood vessel of your legs (deep vein thrombosis, DVT), your lungs (pulmonary embolus, PE) or other organs
• Any disorder affecting your blood clotting – for instance, protein C deficiency, protein S deficiency, antithrombin-III deficiency, Factor V Leiden or antiphospholipid antibodies;
• If you need an operation or if you are off your feet for a long time
• If you have (or have ever had) a heart attack or stroke
• If you have (or have ever had) angina pectoris (a condition that causes severe chest pain and may be a first sign of a heart attack) or transient ischaemic attack (TIA –temporary stroke symptoms).
• If you have any of the following diseases that may increase the risk of a clot in the arteries:
1. Severe diabetes with blood vessel damage
2. Very high blood pressure
3. A very high level of fat in the blood (cholesterol or triglycerides)
4. A condition known as hyperhomocysteinaemia
• If you have (or have ever had) a type of migraine called ‘migraine with aura’;
• If you have (or have ever had) liver disease and your liver function is still not normal
• If your kidneys are not working well (renal failure)
• If you have (or have ever had) had a tumor in the liver
• If you have (or have ever had) or if you are suspected of having breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs
• If you have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina
• If you are allergic to ethinylestradiol or drospirenone, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. This may cause itching, rash or swelling.
• Do not use Drospera if you have hepatitis C and are taking medicinal products containing ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir and dasabuvir
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
Like all medicines, Drospera can cause side effects although not everybody gets them such as
• An increased risk of blood clots in your veins (venous thromboembolism (VTE) or blood clots in your arteries (arterial thromboembolism (ATE) is present for all women taking combined hormonal contraceptives.
• Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat
• Signs of breast cancer include: dimpling of the skin, changes in the nipple & any lumps you can see or feel
• Signs of cancer of the cervix include: vaginal discharge that smells and/or contains blood, unusual vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain,painful sex.
• Signs of severe liver problems include: severe pain in your upper abdomen, yellow skin or eyes (jaundice) inflammation of the liver (hepatitis), your whole body starts itching
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS (MAY AFFECT UP TO 1 IN 10 PEOPLE):
• Depressive mood, body weight increase, headache, migraine, nausea, breast pain, breast tenderness, menstrual disorders, bleeding between periods, thick whitish vaginal discharge, vaginal yeast infection
UNCOMMON SIDE EFFECTS (MAY AFFECT UP TO 1 IN 100 PEOPLE):
• Breast enlargement, altered interest in sex, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, vomiting, diarrhea, acne, severe itching, skin rash, hair loss (alopecia), vaginal infection, fluid retention & body weight changes
RARE SIDE EFFECTS (MAY AFFECT UP TO 1 IN 1,000 PEOPLE):
• Hearing impairment, asthma, breast secretion, allergic reactions (hypersensitivity), the skin conditions erythema nodosum (characterized by painful reddish skin nodules) or erythema multiforme (characterized by rash with target-shaped reddening or sores).
• Harmful blood clots in a vein or artery for example: In a leg or foot (i.e. DVT), in a lung (i.e. PE), heart attack, stroke, mini-stroke or temporary stroke-like symptoms, known as a transient ischaemic attack (TIA), blood clots in the liver, stomach/intestine, kidneys or eye.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
Once daily with or without food
• Drospera has less estrogen dose resulting in less adverse effect such as nausea, headache, mood changes & weight gain
• Drospera has excellent safety & tolerability profile
• Drospera is Highly adaptable by users