Stalevo is the first and the only combination containing Levodopa, Carbidopa (dopa decarboxylase inhibitor), and Entacapone (catechol-O-methyltransferase-COMT inhibitor), it is indicated for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. The aim of treatment is to control the motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease by delivering high levels of Dopamine inside the brain, Stalevo by its unique three components guarantee the higher concentration and lower side effect, how?
- Levodopa is converted to dopamine which is neurotransmitter that control patient status and symptoms.
- Carbidopa inhibits an enzyme that metabolizes Levodopa to dopamine outside the brain.
- Entacapon inhibits another enzyme called COMT that metabolize Levodopa to Methyldopa outside the brain.
Stalevo is crucial for every Parkinson’s patients when they reach certain point of the disease.
Stalevo is available in four Doses:
- Stalevo 50 (50/12.5/200 mg)
- Stalevo 100 (100/25/200 mg)
- Stalevo 150 (150/37.5/200 mg)
- Stalevo 200 (200/50/200 mg)
As recommended by doctor.